Abdul Latif Jameel is Committed to Respecting Your Privacy
Who Collects Your Information via the ALJ75 Website?
The ALJ75 Website is owned and operated by Abdul Latif Jameel IPR Company Limited, a limited company registered in Jersey under company number 111739 and whose registered office is 15 Esplanade St Helier Jersey JE1 1RB (“Company”).
Information Collected About You
The Company may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you provide via the ALJ75 Website. You may provide information about yourself by filling in the enquiry form on the ALJ75 Website, by corresponding with Abdul Latif Jameel by any of the following methods including the contact e-mail address made available on the ALJ75 Website, when you register to receive the Abdul Latif Jameel newsletter, by subscribing to the Abdul Latif Jameel’s informational post, participating in other social media activities on the ALJ75 Website made available via the ALJ75 Website, participating in any customer surveys and when you report a problem with the ALJ75 Website. The information you provide may include personal information that you provide by completing on-line web-forms, including, but not limited to:
- forename and family name(s)
- email address
- telephone number(s)
- postal address(es)
- any other information that you choose to provide in free-form text fields.
- Information collected about you via the ALJ75 Website. With regard to each of your visits to the ALJ75 Website, the following information may be automatically collected:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the ALJ75 Website (including date and time); pages you viewed; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call any Abdul Latif Jameel contact number.
- The Company may also use website visitor statistical data to analyze trends and demographics of Abdul Latif Jameel’s visitors. Please note that we do not assign each visitor an individual profile.
- Information received from other sources. Abdul Latif Jameel may receive information about you if you use any other websites operated by an Abdul Latif Jameel business, or any service provided by Abdul Latif Jameel. Abdul Latif Jameel works closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, customer survey providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are down loaded to your computer's hard-drive when you visit a website and are used to distinguish your device but cannot identify you personally.
Uses Made of the Information
Abdul Latif Jameel uses personal information collected about you in the following ways:
- for internal record keeping and administration;
- to identify you when you contact Abdul Latif Jameel;
- to provide you with the information and services you request via the ALJ75 Website (including without limitation news items, marketing collateral, information and updates about the Abdul Latif Jameel);
- to be shared with Abdul Latif Jameel businesses;
- to provide you with information about goods or services which may interest you;
- to provide you with information about goods, products and services similar to those you may have already expressed an interest in or inquired about;
- to perform and analyze the results of customer surveys and feedback about Abdul Latif Jameel including, but not limited to, being combined with information gathered from other survey participants;
- to allow you to be contacted by third parties who carry out customer surveys and feedback about Abdul Latif Jameel;
- to notify you about changes to the ALJ75 Website’s service;
- to address any inquires you may have raised via the ALJ75 Website; and/or
- to ensure content from the ALJ75 Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Abdul Latif Jameel uses information collected by the ALJ75 Website may collect about you. This information may be used for the following:
- to administer the ALJ75 Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the ALJ75 Website to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the ALJ75 Website, when you choose to do so;
- as part of efforts to keep the ALJ75 Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of promotional and marketing activities, and to deliver relevant promotional and marketing activities to you; and/or
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the ALJ75 Website about goods or services which may interest you or them.
Abdul Latif Jameel may also receive information from other sources. Information from other sources may be combined with information you provide and information collected about you. This information and the combined information may be used for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information received). In particular, statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies (including clear gifs) may be collected to help monitor your response to Abdul Latif Jameel e-newsletters and to improve these e-newsletters.
How Will We Contact You
Abdul Latif Jameel and its third party service providers, including but not limited to marketing fulfillment, market research agencies and similar organizations, may contact you by post, telephone, email and/or text message unless otherwise instructed by you.
Disclosure of Your Information
Your personal information will not be sold, distributed or leased to third parties, except as noted below, to use for their own purposes unless you give your permission or there is a legal requirement to do so.
However, you agree and consent that:
- Your personal information may be shared with any Abdul Latif Jameel business. In particular, if you submit an inquiry using the inquiry form available on the ALJ75 Website, your inquiry and any personal information you provide in it will be sent to the relevant Abdul Latif Jameel business(es) (based on the inquiry criteria you select). Your personal information may then be held by such an Abdul Latif Jameel business(es) as part of its inquiry / customer database.
- Your personal information may be shared with selected third parties including:
- marketing services providers to deliver e-newsletter and update;.
- market research businesses or similar organizations for the undertaking and analysis of customer surveys and feedback;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors who perform services on behalf of Abdul Latif Jameel; and/or
- analytics and search engine providers who assist in the improvement and optimization of the ALJ75 Website.
- Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties:
- in the event any business of Abdul Latif Jameel sells or buys any business or assets, in which case your personal data may be disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if an Abdul Latif Jameel business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Where Your Personal Data is Stored and Data Transfers
The ALJ75 Website will be, managed and operated from the United Arab Emirates. The data collected from you via the ALJ Website will be initially stored on servers currently located in the United Kingdom. In order to provide you with our services, we may need to transfer your personal information to locations outside of the jurisdiction in which you provide it.
If you are based within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), your personal information may need to be transferred to, and stored at, a destination
outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA, who work for any Abdul Latif Jameel business international organization or for one of its suppliers. In accordance with the GDPR, we will only transfer your data outside of the EEA if:
- the country to which we are transferring your data has been approved by a decision of the European Commission as having adequate levels of protection for data subjects’ rights and freedoms (This link provides the list of approved countries);
- we have appropriate safeguards in place to ensure that your data is protected (see more on this below);
- we have your explicit consent to the proposed data transfer after being informed of any potential risks; or
the transfer is necessary for one of the other reasons under the GDPR, including to allow us to perform any contracts we have with you, to protect your interests, and in limited cases, for our legitimate interest.
By providing your personal data to the ALJ75 Website, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
For How Long is Your Personal Information Kept?
The time period for which your information is kept varies according to what your information is used for. In some cases there are legal or regulatory requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement to keep the information, it will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
Information about your visits to the ALJ75 Website will be stored by us for at least three years from the date of our last interaction with you and in compliance with our obligations under the GDPR.
In the event that we provide any services to you, your relevant personal information will be retained for at least six years from the date of our last interaction with you and in compliance with our obligations under the GDPR.
At any time you can ask for your stored information to be deleted from the Company’s database using the contact details below. However, some of your information may be retained in some circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce terms and conditions or as required by regulators. Further, in some circumstances such information is never entirely removed from databases due to technical constraints and systems back-ups.
We have implemented appropriate information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our employees, partners, consultants, workers and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of such personal information.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information held and processed by Abdul Latif Jameel:
- You have the right to access your personal information
ACCESS – you can request access to your personal information and, further details about how it is handled.
- You have the right to rectify your personal information
RECTIFY - if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request to have it rectified.
- You have the right to request your personal information is erased
ERASURE - you can ask us to delete or remove your personal information where the processing is not necessary for the legitimate interests of Abdul Latif Jameel.
- You have the right to restrict processing or object to the processing of your personal data
OBJECTION - you have the right to restrict or to object to the processing of your personal information unless the processing of your personal information is necessary for the legitimate interests of Abdul Latif Jameel.
- You have the right to data portability
You have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you have provided to the Company with (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent
At any time you have the right to withdraw your consent for the Company to process your personal information.
You will be informed (before collecting your data) if your data is intended to be used for such purposes or to be disclosed to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the inquiry form used to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Abdul Latif Jameel at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
When you fill in a form on the ALJ75 Website (for example, the inquiry form), you must use any check boxes to indicate your preferences regarding use of your information and/or do not provide the relevant information. If you do not want your data to be used in this way, or for your details to be passed on to third parties for marketing purposes, please ensure you indicate this using the relevant box. However, please note if you do not provide all or correct information requested, it may not possible to provide you with the relevant information and/or services.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint
If you have a complaint or concern about our privacy practices or how we have used or processed your personal information, you can report it to the relevant GDPR supervisory authority in your jurisdiction.
Please note that some of the rights listed above may be limited where we have an overriding interest or legal obligation to continue to process your personal data or not disclose the same.
Third-party Sites and Sponsors
The ALJ Website may contain links to and from the websites of other businesses of Abdul Latif Jameel, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note these websites have their own privacy policies and the Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. For more information about this right please see the Information Commissioner’s Office website at https://ico.org.uk.
Abdul Latif Jameel does not knowingly collect the information of, or make contact with, children, including to participate in customer research activities. If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information via the ALJ75 Website. Users aged 18 or under without such consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Specific inquiries regarding the collection, storage and processing of your data should be addressed to our dedicated email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of policy: June 23, 2020